Friday 8 February 2008

Website feedback wanted!

Hi all,

This is just an update to this week's journal entery.

I have 2 versions of my website uploaded. I'd be very greatful if you could give me some feedback on which version you prefer, and some general feeback.

Origional Version
http://garybenn.co.uk/A5

Tried to be very simple, unconfusing and slightly modern in appearence.

New version
http://garybenn.co.uk/A5/Brown

I have added colours to this version to make it appear more warm and welcoming. Also the soft gradient over the navigation in order to make the statement "Look this is a differant section this is the navigation".

There are several issues with the new version which I am aware of and will fix within the next day or so. These include:
  • Navigation gradient cut off on feedback form's thankyou page.
  • On some content pages where the next and previous page links are the background colour is still grey.
  • No accessability page
  • Bottom links (secondry navigation) not linked yet.
Also the Feedback Form has been connected to the CGI and works well!

8 comments:

James Bell said...

I think the re-design has gone really well. The new colour scheme is warm and welcoming and navigation is clear and easy to use.

One small thing is that I think the text goes to close to the right hand side of the navigation bar.

James Bell said...

also your spacer image before the third image is not working on both pages of the hardware,software,languages and communications pages.

Andrew said...

I think you've improved on it from your old design, the colours add alittle bit of something to it. But I do think you need to be alot more subtle with your design choices, it gives off a really blocky feel to me; kind takes away from the professionalism it needs to convey.

The gradient looks good and works well, though it should do after the 2 hours painstaking experimentation you did with it, keep improving it all the time so that your happy with the final result.

Gary Benn said...

Thank you for your comments. I will add the spacer image to my things to do this week!

I have been trying to think of a way around the text being so close to that harsh line.

Perhaps I should move the touching words down onto the next line?

Do you think this will help?

Webomatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom Smith said...

Hey Gary,

Sorry for the belated comment! I definitely think that your redesigned site with the colours is a clear improvement on the old design. It gives the eyes a bit more to look at, whilst the use of quite 'natural' orange and brown colours doesn't make it over the top.

Mark Torrington said...

The new design really looks the part. A well-constructed page layout and design, creating a welcoming website design tailored perfectly to our target audience. A Job well done.

Webomatic said...

Hi Gary

There is a small (e) on Email, is it there for affect as there is a capital M?