Tuesday 11 March 2008

listening week?

Before Monday I really didn't think I would enjoy this week at all. But once I got into it I found it was actually quite 'fun'. My sub woofer certainly got a good working. The bass on some parts of the CD was really good.

The music wasn't my kind of thing, and when I first listened to it I didn't think it was so bad, but the more I listened to it the more annoying it became.

I think Monday was the hardest day on the course so far, I found it so hard to concentrate on the music, but in the end I got there.

I think if someone else had the same CD as me the outcome would be so different as different people will interoperate the feelings and moods in very different ways.

I wasn't expecting there to be so much influence and meaning in it as there actually was. I managed to get quite a few mood boards and ideas from it which i'm happy with.

This week has really enabled me to take my sketchbook further and really just concentrate on it as I have to admit I have been neglecting it somewhat. I have nearly filled half a sketchbook over the last two days and I hope to continue this week in my self study and during the easter holidays.

Below is a photograph of my sketchbook where I have collected examples of logos for major companies:

Below is a photograph of one of the mood boards I created for CD:

I am really excited and in suspense of what is to come for the next unit. I think it is going to be a very enjoyable unit.

3 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

I didn’t think I’d enjoy reading week either, but after I got into it, I quite enjoyed it.

I have to agree with you, that if someone else had the same CD as me, they would interoperate it in a different way.

I didn’t have my sketchbook with me, so I’ve done everything on A4 paper that I’m going to have to stick in after the holidays.

Tom Smith said...

I was in a similar situation with my music, in that it was completely bizarre, and not really music in the most part! My mum wondered what the hell I was listening to!

Your mood boards look pretty good, and I can interpret what you may have been feeling while listening to the music from them- which shows they are effective.

P.S. I find myself surprise you have Microsoft/Windows logos in there ;).

Gary Benn said...

Sady enough Microsoft is one of the larges companies in the world and is the market leader.

I don't think their logo is as good as apple's. It is not clean enough!

I am interested to know the full assignment breif.