Wednesday 3 December 2008

5 Months Left

I really can’t believe I am sat here writing this, a third of the way through the second year. It has flown.

I’ll start off with grades:
A8 – Pass
A9 - Merit

A8
A8 was completed over the summer holiday period. I was quite nervous about the this one as it was all written. Some of the topics were quite interesting and will help me a great deal in the future both in and out of college.

I am glad this assignment was gotten out of the way over summer. It leaves now some more interesting assignments to look forward to.

A9
To be honest I imagined this assignment to be significantly harder than it was. Having said that I have learnt a great deal from John.

One of the biggest learning curves in this assignment was the practical tests. I learnt more in these situations than anything else in the assignment. There is nothing like a little pressure and a realistic situation to keep you motivated.

A11
The team brief is still ongoing but is quickly nearing it’s end. It has been a valuable experience, but also an exact clone of the atmosphere of past team assignments I have worked on in other courses. In my experience of them they never work. However things are getting better after a few hiccups towards the start of the team. Things are starting to move along.

It has been a very good experience designing for real people, who need real websites. The clients we are working for at the moment are not very exciting or inspirational, but I guess these jobs do come along in the real world.

Unfortunately we were unsuccessful in our efforts for ND Photography and Games Design, but I enjoyed the design tasks.

A12
A12 has just started, after a “Shaky” start it is set to be a nice assignment. By shaky I refer to my presentation on Concorde. As usual my nerves get the better of me in these situations and start shaking and it is noticeably visible to both the audience and myself.

I have been given the opportunity to re-present next week which I am confident is going to be much better. The thing that gets me is the fact I was presenting to someone I know, not a complete stranger. I feel I would not be so bad if I was presenting in front of a stranger. I have done it once and I know it’s not so bad, I shouldn’t be that nervous on the re-present.

Today has been spent being creative as part of the reverse design process. I am really enjoying it, once you get over the “ERRR what do I do stage”. I have been able to express myself much more fluidly, rather like upstairs, which scares me to be honest.

In summary, there has been so much happening over the last 3 months and I still feel as though I’m learning. I am looking forward to the CMS unit.

No comments: