Wednesday 8 October 2008

Aims to be a Junior

The job advert can be found at BD Recruitment

This seems job seems quite a suitable role for myself when leaving this vocational course. As this is a junior position it would be seen to me as a role to gain industry experience.

This opportunity will allow me to gain a more accurate understanding of what is required within the industry. However, a theoretical knowledge and basic experience is needed. It will be my aim to acquire this knowledge and experience during this academic year and any subsequent top-ups.

By the end of a top-up course I should have the relevant knowledge needed to apply for this role. I will need to build on the basic understanding, which I already have, until my work is perfected to a professional level. I will need to take care of a significant amount of my own learning to ensure any technologies and skills, which are not covered on the course, are adequately gained.

Whilst I have covered the use of PHP I will need to take a more structured approach to my learning. PHP is one of the main subject areas that I would like to cover in my self-managed learning plan later in the year.

The Job requires a sound knowledge of XHTML and CSS coding. My interpretation of “Good Working Knowledge” is a to be able to work in to w3c standards, and be capable of hand coding if needed.

Flash is a technology that is preferable for this role. I have touched upon it in the past but again would like to take this into a more structured learning plan in my own time in order to build foundation knowledge.

With this role being very local, quite creative and scope for progression within the company I think this is a suitable opportunity for me to aim towards.

No comments: