Tuesday 6 May 2008

Almost there

I feel this week I am making excellent progress! It is all coming together now. I think my artwork is finished, I just got to complete the CD body which is well on the way and will only take an extra hour tomorrow. And the advert.

I am slightly confused and annoyed that I have been working for most of the day on everything but when I look back I don’t really see much change from yesterday!

I feel I have been using my sketchbook much better over the last few days which I am feeling quite good about now.

With just 7 days (156 hours) until the deadline, I feel the highest stress levels in my life, but think it is really helping me. A driving power. I am hoping to get the assignment all finished by midnight Saturday, this leaves the weekend for me to concentrate more on A1 and the evaluation for it.

I got some new paper today to print my artwork onto. It is really nice, I got the stuff Mark sugested in a previous enteries comments so thanks Mark!

I have posted my artwork on the forum for feedback but I haven’t yet received any.

Below is the post:

Outer:
http://garybenn.co.uk/A7/Artwork/Digipak%20outer.pdf

Inner:
http://garybenn.co.uk/A7/Artwork/inner%201.pdf

At first I was struggling to find something that "worked". Then Steve and Tom set me off looking at the track listings. Plexus is one of the most prominent of them all. Plexus is a group or network or nerves and/or blood vessels.

I wanted to create an uncomfortable feel about the design as that comes across quite heavily when listening to the CD. It also fulfils the track name "miasma" which is also the bands name. Miasma is a foul or unhealthy smell or gas.

The original images can be found at:
http://garybenn.co.uk/A7/Artwork/originals/


Thanks

3 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Good to see you feel on top of things, Gary, and that you'll be able to spend some time with A1 before the deadline next week.

I really like the way you've done your Digipak® Inner. I think this is probably the more interesting I have seen, in the way you've laid your text out- having it in a column on the right is different from how other people have approached it. The contrast also works really well.

Michelle Bonfield said...

I think you have refined your design well and the juxtaposition of elements is very well considered, particularly on the inner panel.

Good luck with the rest of your work.

Gary Benn said...

Thanks for your comments!

Not long to go, almost done now and just got a few bits and bats to finish off.

Good luck everyone, keep busy. Nothing is ever finished!